tyDi - Shooting StarsARDI2259 - August 12th, 2011
A famous historian and mathematician once said that maturity of the mind is the capacity to endure uncertainty. In music, you never know which productions end up at stardom. All you know, is that the very moment you create them, a spark of creation takes over. Shooting stars, that might just grant your wishes.
In the past few years, Australian producer Tyson Illingworth has gone through an amazing growth. Guising under his tyDi moniker since the age of 16, this IDMA award winning artist has been on a trip that he could never have foreseen. The 23 year old has been voted the number one DJ of Australia twice in a row, entered the critically acclaimed DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's of the world at #52, graduated a music degree at the Conservatorium of Music and plays to ten-thousands of music lovers all across the globe every weekend. As a producer, tyDi's tracks are known worldwide, his songs are adored for their brilliant musicianship, cutting edge production and thoughtful songwriting. TyDi is a perfectionist and his attention to detail shines through in his well known releases, such as 'Good Dream', 'You Walk Away', 'Vanilla', 'Calling', 'Half Light' and his impressive list of remixes for artists such as Tiësto and BT.
Anticipation rose to great heights after tyDi's debut album 'Look Closer' was released in 2009 and topped the national charts in Australia, providing a new challenge for tyDi to take his ever-evolving sound to an even higher level for his next phase as an artist. Two years of hard work, shaping a multi-genre sound that's more diverse than ever, come together in the 18-track quest called 'Shooting Stars'. TyDi: "I think this album will really surprise my fans. It's different to anything I've created before. I've always wanted to make an artist album that'll offer something for everyone. It's musically diverse and truly shows what I love the most about music – powerful songwriting and exceptional studio production."
All tracks shine a different light upon music, hitting in deep and melodic, moving you in their very own way. 'Shooting Stars' includes collaborations with vocalists like Sarah Howells, Audrey Gallagher, Meighan Nealon, Tania Zygar, Jennifer Rene and producers Tenishia, DJ Rap and Protoculture, but the beating heart of it was conceived in tyDi's studio. So you better start stargazing.
TyDi:"'Shooting Stars' is everything to me. It's been my dream project for the last two years and words cannot express just how excited I am to see this come to life, finally."
- tyDi - Take a Chance (01:21)
- tyDi with Tenishia & Jennifer Rene - Greater Heights [tyDi with Tenishia & Jennifer Rene] (03:01)
- tyDi feat. DJ Rap - Talking To Myself (03:19)
- tyDi - Out In The Cold (03:36)
- tyDi feat. Tania Zygar - The Moment It Breaks (03:12)
- tyDi - Sex, Lies & Still Oblivious (03:12)
- tyDi feat. Sarah Howells - Acting Crazy (03:31)
- tyDi - Half Of Everything (00:54)
- tyDi feat. Tania Zygar - Vanilla (03:53)
- tyDi - Yes, That Did Just Happen (04:23)
- tyDi - Her Lullaby (01:37)
- tyDi feat. Tania Zygar - Why Do I Care? (02:59)
- tyDi - The Camera Doesn't Lie, But You Do (03:53)
- tyDi - Long Nights On Fast Planes (04:41)
- tyDi feat. Audrey Gallagher - World's Apart (03:39)
- tyDi feat. Brianna Holan - Never Go Back (03:31)
- tyDi feat. Protoculture & Meighan Nealon - Criminal (04:48)
- tyDi - Ariana (03:04)