Universal Religion Chapter 3: Live from Armada @ Ibiza Released
The Universal Religion series comprises a collection of tunes so deliciously Balearic and timeless that you could play all 3 chapters in succession without missing a beat. The music, like the island, retains its beauty and appeal year after year, despite numerous pretenders to its crown. 'Every year another island is billed as 'the new Ibiza'', says Armin, 'and every year they never live up to Ibiza's vibe. It's just so beautifully located, the weather's great, and best of all, it has 6 or 7 of the world's greatest clubs within 20 miles of each other!'
The Universal Religion concept is embodied in records that work in the car or at home on the stereo as much as in a club. - Universal Religion Chapter 3 was recorded live on August 21 in summer 2007, at the legendary Amnesia. In typical Ibizan style, an unplanned set list became the perfect CD release: a spontaneous selection of records that embodied the Universal Religion brief against the buzz of a crowd enjoying a world-renowned club. 'For my music, Amnesia is the best club in Ibiza,' says Armin. 'It's without doubt one of my top 3 clubs in the world. I wanted this CD not to be about Armin Van Buuren, but about the music itself, which is why it was recorded live there. It adds to the feeling, the experience, so you can feel like you're there, having a great time with your friends.'
While most albums are meticulously planned, the mix is as organic as it gets, making it a unique capsule from one heady night on Isla Blanca. 'I had the first two tracks lined up, and the rest I just chose as I played, gauged on the reaction from the dancefloor,' says Armin. 'Tracks like Big Sky, Sunlounger and Daydream are pure Balearic gems. It's scary to record something live but once the music starts flowing you lose yourself to it'.
The title, Universal Religion, acknowledges dance music's faithful the world over. Chapters 1 and 2, recorded in 2003 and 2004, remain firm favourites in many CD collections, and with repeated requests for a new installment in the series, 2007 proved the obvious time for its return. 'Many people really liked the sets I recorded from Amnesia and played on my radio show, and there are a lot of good records out at the moment that have the Universal Religion feel,' says Armin. 'I've been waiting for the best tracks. I love the tunes on this CD - you can immerse yourself in it and enjoy the journey - like a book. Universal Religion is timeless - Balearic tunes sound good forever...''
Universal Religion Chapter 3: 2007 live from Armada @ Ibiza
- Sunlounger - Another Day at the Terrace
- Dash Berlin - Till the Sky Falls Down (dub)
- Jose Amnesia feat. Jennifer Rene - Invincible (Sied van Riel Remix)
- Dubfire - Roadkill (EDX's Acapulco At Night Remix)
- David West - Welsh Morphology
- Markus Schulz vs Andy Moor - Daydream
- Terk Dawn - Barent Blue (Marninx pres. Monogato remix)
- Aly & Fila vs FKN feat. Jahala - How Long?
- Mungo - Summer Blush 10.Forerunners - Life Cycle (Deep Blue) 11.The Doppler Effect - Beauty Hides in the deep (John O Callaghan Remix) 12.John O Callaghan feat. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Agnelli & Nelson Remix) 13.Thomas Bronzwaer - Resound 14.Armin van Buuren feat. Susana - If you Should Go
Download on Armadadownloads, click here
Order your cd here