Jobs @ Armada: A&R Manager (U.S.A.)
A&R MANAGER (U.S.A.)
Our new A&R Manager U.S.A. will be part of Armada Music’s global A&R team as any other A&R Manager, but based in our New York office and focused on the U.S. market. He/she will oversee our North American signings and set up opportunities for our current artist roster in the United States of America. He/she has an extensive professional network in the (dance) music industry and are not afraid to use it.
What will you be doing (exactly)?
• You will scout out and sign talented artists within the U.S.A.;
• You will manage existing artist relations and oversee/develop your own talent projects;
• You will be looking for featuring artists, writers, producers, toplines, collaborators, remixers and specific talent that will enhance the productions of our acts, including repertoire selection;
• You will be matching the right people by using your connections within the music industry and a solid network of managers, companies to work with, labels, publishers and all things dance music;
• You will attend gigs, showcases, club nights and similar events on a regular basis to scout out new talent;
• You will liaise with our Business Affairs department to organize and oversee your signings;
• You will create and monitor product plans in conjunction with the assigned product manager (and with the PR, Creative and Digital teams);
• You will assist the product team in developing marketing material, strategies, marketing plans and campaigns.
Who is the person we’re looking for?
• You are extremely passionate about electronic dance music;
• You know what it takes to be an A&R and have the experience to prove it;
• You have extensive knowledge of dance music, and know all about Armada Music and other labels’ catalogs and artists in the U.S.A. and beyond;
• You know all ins and outs regarding the various distribution partners (physical distribution as well as digital distribution and streaming);.
• You know how labels operate (i.e. you know about product marketing, business affairs, A&R administration, etc.);
• You are able to cope with pressure and changing deadlines exceedingly well (you can handle a fast-paced schedule of releases while working on multiple projects at the same time);
• You have excellent (verbal and written) communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• You love working closely with the various departments of the company to get results quickly;
• You are inventive and creative, especially when looking to unlock new release strategies that could benefit a specific product.
What will we offer you in return?
• You will be joining the ranks of a young and dynamic team;
• You will receive a monthly salary befitting your age and experience;
• We offer Health Care coverage and other favorable secondary working conditions.
Can’t contain your excitement? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please make sure to put ‘A&R Manager U.S.A.’ in the e-mail subject. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Celebrating its 15-year anniversary in 2018, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Afrojack, Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, Erick Morillo, Fedde Le Grand, Gareth Emery, Kevin Saunderson, Lost Frequencies, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page and W&W.