Emma Hewitt - Burn The Sky Down
Making the world a little more colorful with each song, Australian singer/songwriter Emma Hewitt is proud to present her long-awaited debut album, 'Burn The Sky Down'. Fusing ambient and pop with electronic music, each track reveals a new side of the multi-talented songstress. While taking the listener on an eclectic ride into her private universe, Emma's warm voice lights the sky and shows exactly why the world is ready for her.
Having worked with EDM's producer elite and winning the 'Best Hi-NRG/Euro Track' award at the International Dance Music Awards of 2010 with Dash Berlin collaboration 'Waiting', has made Emma Hewitt one of the fastest rising names in dance land. Her characteristic and versatile voice became a favorite both in and outside the EDM scene. Outstanding live performances and acoustic sessions have made her a universal crowd favorite. With 'Burn The Sky Down', Emma Hewitt is ready to be more than a featured vocalist.
Thinking outside the box, the album slides down multiple genres and reaches far beyond the expected. Emma: "I didn't particularly focus on being driven by a specific genre or style so much for the album. I really tried to let each song be what I felt it should be, so stylistically it is quite eclectic, although there is definitely a common thread running through the entirety. We worked with producer Lee Groves on the album, he has worked with artists such as Marilyn Manson, Gwen Stefani and Depeche Mode, so he was great at creating the ambient soundscapes we were looking for. I wanted to cover some different territory to what people may have traditionally heard or expected from me, and to show that no matter what style the tracks were produced in, the essence and spirit of the songs remained the same. In the end we have a landscape of different moods and dynamics that will hopefully take the listener on a bit of a journey. Each song will have an ambient, or slightly pop version as well as all the various dance remixes."
'Burn The Sky Down' brings you the warm and welcoming 'Colours', the driving 'Foolish Boy', dark and seductive 'Rewind' and 'Crucify', and the haunting 'State That I'm In' amongst many other musical jewels. Bursting with touching lyrics, strong vocals and heart-rending melodies, this is Emma Hewitt in full flight.
- 1. Emma Hewitt - Burn The Sky Down (01:43)
- 2. Emma Hewitt - Colours (04:01)
- 3. Emma Hewitt - Miss You Paradise (03:31)
- 4. Emma Hewitt - These Days Are Ours (03:47)
- 5. Emma Hewitt - Foolish Boy (04:15)
- 6. Emma Hewitt - Rewind (03:20)
- 7. Emma Hewitt - Still Remember You (Stay Forever) (04:22)
- 8. Emma Hewitt - Can't Turn Around Now (01:50)
- 9. Emma Hewitt - Crucify (03:50)
- 10. Emma Hewitt - This Picture (03:31)
- 11. Emma Hewitt - State That I'm In (02:34)
- 12. Emma Hewitt & 16 Bit Lolitas - Circles (05:55)
- 13. Dash Berlin feat. Emma Hewitt - Like Spinning Plates (Bonus Track) (06:33)