Job opportunity: Working at ArmadaApril 17th, 2013
Armada Music is a record company that focuses on artist career building and music exploitation all over the world. Our labels represent a broad variety of dance music styles from trance to house, also being referred to as Electronic Dance Music (EDM). Some of our key artists are Armin van Buuren, W&W, Dash Berlin, Markus Schulz, Chicane and many others.
As Armada Music is ever-growing, we’re constantly on the look-out for passionate, professional, talented and experienced people that dream of having a career in the music industry and can prove us they’re absolutely the best in what they do.
Your desired skills and attitude:
- A degree in a music industry related discipline (e.g. marketing, communication, management, media, design etc.)
- At least 2 years of work experience in an industry related company (e.g. record label, radio station, digital music service etc.)
- Clear understanding of the music business, its global key players and forms of digital music exploitation nowadays
- Strong passion for dance/trance music and proven knowledge of the Armada Music catalogue, as well as an unstoppable interest to dig deeper in other catalogues and genres
- Well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both face-to-face as well as online
- Accurate, efficient, self motivating, positive, smart and eager to learn
- Fluent in verbal and written English, if you can communicate in Spanish this is a plus
- Living in or willing to move to Amsterdam, The Netherlands where our office is based
- Non-EU residents are required to have a valid work permit
Some of our main activities are:
- Signing tracks and artists, building plans to boost artist’s careers
- Managing the product flow from signing until upload, fine-tuning all bits and pieces, being creative in making plans to bring artists and releases to the next level
- Compiling music into strong compilation albums and playlists, creating top concept ideas
- Negotiating and administrating license deals with third parties
- Making graphic designs for artwork, websites, social media etc.
Note: we’re hiring for multiple job positions, so if you think you’re a genius in some of the above activities, but lack knowledge of another part, this won’t have to be a problem. The desired skills and attitude however are required for all of our availabilities.
If you think you’re a perfect match to Armada Music, please send your motivation and resume asap to email@example.com