Dash Berlin – investing in the art of tranceAugust 27th, 2012
Life has been good to the man behind Dash Berlin. With relentless energy, he’s been able to live out his passion, realizing his dream while alighting the musical souls of ten-thousands. Dash has brought a new spark to the trance scene, and it’s still bright as ever. Last week, the Dutchman released the latest edition of his ‘United Destination’ series, as well as the latest single of his ‘#musicislife’ album, ‘Like Spinning Plates’ feat. Emma Hewitt. Dash Berlin is the fastest growing name in trance land of the past 4 years, and the curve’s still stretching. We hooked up with our Artist of the Week and asked him all about the compilation, the new single and his Ibiza adventures!
Hey Jeff! Congrats on being our Artist of the Week, it’s well deserved! How are you doing and where can we find you today?
Dash:”Hey guys, thanks so much! Life is good here in beautiful New York City.”
Hot off the release, is your new compilation ‘United Destination 2012’! What does this yearly compilation series represent to you personally?
Dash:”‘United Destination’ is very dear to me, because it really reflects a certain time period of my life. It’s not only a collection of records that are rocking the global dance floors; it’s also a collection of great memories.”
What is it that you try to capture with this 2 CD mix? Is it the entire year, or this particular season?
Dash:”It’s all recent music, but the most important aspect of what I am trying to capture is the energy of a dance floor, that is where it happens, that is our united destination every weekend.”
We know you love each of the tracks on it, but which ones are your personal highlights?
Dash:”I’ve spent a lot of time on selecting these tracks and the order in which they appear in the mix. Each track adds something unique to the whole story that I am trying to tell through the music. Now that it’s out there it’s up to the listeners to go on that journey.”
Last week, you revealed the music video to ‘Like Spinning Plates’ and wow…it’s absolutely stunning! What can you tell us about it?
Dash:”Thank you for the compliment. I believe that doing something different is important; I believe that Trance music deserves great music videos even though there is no daytime radio or commercial chart sales to justify the investments. Music videos like this are not cheap, but I think it is important not take this scene for granted and to keep investing in the art of Trance. It’s great to see people responding to it and really understand what motivates me.”
It features two remixes, by Alexander Popov and MaRLo. Why did you pick these talents?
Dash:”I love what these guys are doing at the moment; I hear a lot of ambition and talent in their productions. I am really honored to have them on board on this release.”
There’s one Ibiza date left, the closing party of ASOT at Privilege, which will be broadcasted live. Knowing you, you’ve always got something special ready. Care to lift a tip of the veil? ;)
Dash:”This summer has been unforgettable on Ibiza thanks to Armin and his crew. The ‘A State Of Trance’ parties at the Privilege wrote history and have brought back the true spirit of Trance on Ibiza, and I am so proud to be a part of that movement. This closing party is going to be the ultimate celebration of the Ibiza Trance summer season, which will definitely reflect in all the live sets from all the deejays, so make sure you don’t miss this episode, it’s going to be one to remember.”
- Karanda - Titan (Original Mix) (07:04)
- Emma Hewitt - Miss You Paradise (Shogun Remix Radio Edit) (03:28)
- Alex M.O.R.P.H. & Protoculture - Waking Up The Stars (Radio Edit) (03:45)
- Dash Berlin feat. Emma Hewitt - Waiting (W&W Radio Edit) (04:25)
- LTN - Never Let Me Go (Beat Service Radio Edit) (04:04)
- Boom Jinx & Daniel Kandi - Azzura (Juventa vs Willem de Roo Remix) (07:30)
- Steve Brian - Yaya (Estiva Remix) (06:26)
- Dash Berlin feat. Kate Walsh - When You Were Around (Album Version) (05:24)
- Fred Numf & Etienne Overdijk - Endorphin (Johnny Yono Radio Edit) (03:38)
- MaRLo - Megalodon (Radio Edit) (03:27)
- Ost & Meyer - Safari (Original Mix) (07:13)
- David Forbes & Alan Nimmo - Flex (Radio Edit) (03:51)
- Dash Berlin feat. Chris Madin - Fool For Life (06:40)
- Right Face - Pure State (Original Mix) (07:09)
- Dash Berlin - United Destination 2012 (Full Continuous DJ Mix, Pt. 1) (73:31)
- Dash Berlin feat. Emma Hewitt - Like Spinning Plates (06:33)
- The Blizzard - Piercing The Fog (Radio Edit) (03:37)
- Mike Sonar - Wicked 7 (Original Mix) (07:11)
- Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge feat. Gabriela - World To Turn (Radio Edit) (04:19)
- Dash Berlin with Shogun - Callisto (04:50)
- Protoculture - Cobalt (Radio Edit) (04:01)
- Audien - Keep This Memory (Johan Malmgren Remix) (06:58)
- Dash Berlin feat. Chris Madin - Silence In Your Heart (NoMosk Remix) (07:27)
- Ralphie B - Demons Are Forever (Radio Edit) (03:38)
- Johnny Yono - Fairfax (Original Mix) (06:54)
- Alexander Popov - Attractive Force (Radio Edit) (03:56)
- Willem De Roo - Datamoon (Radio Edit) (03:53)
- Suncatcher - Welcome Home (Radio Edit) (04:50)
- Dash Berlin feat. Hoyaa - Aviation (05:06)
- Dash Berlin - United Destination 2012 (Full Continuous DJ Mix, Pt. 2) (75:37)