Out now: Chicane – GiantsJuly 30th, 2010
Some names seem to have been there from the very moment you fell in love with dance music. Chicane is one of them. For nearly 15 years, UK producer Nick Bracegirdle has been part of the scene, hitting high peaks with ‘Offshore’, ‘Saltwater’, ‘Don’t Give Up’, ‘Stoned In Love’ and the more recent ‘Poppiholla’ and ‘Hiding All The Stars’. After three successful artist albums, 2009 saw the release of Chicane’s ‘Best of’ album, a prelude to his new one: ‘Giants’.
When it comes to great heights, Chicane’s been there alright . Working with A-class artists such as Bryan Adams, Tom Jones, Maire Brennan from Clannad and Keane, made his music attract a wide audience. ‘Giants’ displays that diversity, from the ambient opening track ‘Barefoot’ to the housy radio-hit ‘Come Back’, warm progressive ‘Middledistancerunner’ in collaboration with Owl City singer Adam Young and enthralling classic interlude called ‘Titles’. Chicane has crossed all boundaries and shows that those 15 years have only made him more creative.
On ‘Giants’, Chicane returns with a new dose of energy for the crowds, intimate home-listening moments and timeless, gigantic highlights.
3. Come Back
4. What am I doing here? Prt 1
6. Poppiholla (5am)
7. So far out to sea
8. Where do I start?
9. From where I stand
10. Hiding all the Stars
11. What am I doing here? Prt 2
- Chicane - Barefoot (Album Mix) (06:03)
- Chicane feat. Adam Young - Middledistancerunner (Album Mix) (05:51)
- Chicane - Come Back (Album Mix) (07:26)
- Chicane - What Am I Doing Here? Pt. 1 (Album Mix) (03:43)
- Chicane - Giants (Album Mix) (07:00)
- Chicane - Poppiholla (5 AM Album Mix) (05:03)
- Chicane - So Far Out To Sea (Album Mix) (05:36)
- Chicane - Where Do I Start (Album Mix) (04:30)
- Chicane - From Where I Stand (Album Mix) (06:36)
- Chicane - Hiding All The Stars (Album Mix) (05:41)
- Chicane - What Am I Doing Here? Pt. 2 (Album Mix) (06:24)
- Chicane - Titles (Album Mix) (04:20)
- Chicane feat. Adam Young - Middledistancerunner (DC Rework Edit) (03:51)