Update: Singing CompetitionJune 21st, 2010
Over 70 wannabe-vocalists have already entered our YouTube Singing Competition! The hunt for new vocal talent continues and we’re still awaiting your video. If you’ve got what it takes to sing to an Armada track, send your video to http://www.youtube.com/group/vocalistwanted .
We’re pretty sure you’re all anxiously waiting to find out who those mystery producers are. Be patient, cause next week we’re going to announce which producer(s) the winner(s) will be working with. Be sure, this is going to rock your socks! Keep an eye on the website and enjoy the entries so far.
We’ve received a few emails en comments that uploading didn’t work. After discussing this with the YouTube team, we found out that if you can’t upload, there’s a few things you need to check:
- You have to be logged in, and joined the group.
- Upload the video to your own channel first.
- Go to the group, add a new topic first and rename it to your video title.
- Press ‘submit your video’ and pick the video from your uploads.
Of the 70 videos we’ve received, about half of them feature ‘Man On The Run’. As much as we love this Dash Berlin & Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren track, we do like to point out there’s so much more beautiful vocal tracks that await their acoustic translation.
To give you some ideas:
- Arnej ft Josie – Strangers We’ve Become
- Motorcycle – As The Rush Comes
- Josh Gabriel presents Winter Kills – Deep Down
- Roger Shah ft Adrina Thorpe – Who Will Find Me
- Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren – You Never Said
- Dash Berlin – Till The Sky Falls Down (vocal mix)
- Susana ft. Omnia & The Blizzard – Closer
- StoneBridge ft. Dayeene – The Morning After
- Max Graham ft Neev Kennedy – Sun In The Winter
Check the Armada Music YouTube channel for more inspiration. Please note, we do not allow any videos with non-Armada tracks, reverb, effects, advertisement or disturbing images. We do allow piano, guitar or any other guiding instruments. If your video is not approved, there’s a good reason to.
The whole world is the audience. And we need the audience’s vote. After approving the video, we will also upload it to the special playlist on the Armada YouTube channel. There you can give your honest opinion and vote ‘Like’ or ‘Dislike’. Don’t bash people or insult them. Think again: these people have the guts to show this to the whole online community.