M.I.K.E. London ’07 out now!May 7th, 2007
M.I.K.E’s aka Dirk Dierickx started to DJ at the age of 16. He used the name DJ M.I.K.E, which is why, after he also produced under this name, he decided to change his real name from Dirk to M.I.K.E. in 2001.
M.I.K.E. is releasing under several project names like Solar Factor, Plastic Boy, Return of the Native, The Blackmaster and of course Push. His style of DJing is very similar to the music he makes, on a hard-edged tech-progressive trance tip. M.I.K.E. is at the forefront of Europe ‘s new sound, regularly topping charts in several leading countries.
The story began when an 11 year old boy discovered the potential of samplers and keyboards… At the age of 18, M .I.K.E. handed his first demo tape to the Antwerp based record company, ‘USA Import’. Shortly after, his first record, ‘Vision Act’ was released on the Atom label in 1992. M .I.K.E. released a series of successful records before he signed up with Lightning in 1996. This gave him the opportunity to team up with Yves Deruyter, as his producer. M.I.K.E. was behind YDR hits, ‘To The Rhythm’,'The Rebel” and more recently, ‘Back To Earth’ and ‘Spiritual Feelings’. Pole positions in the worldwide dance charts were soon putting the Belgian dance scene firmly on the map.
M.I.K.E’s reputation shot through the roof, and although a commercial crossover had never been anticipated, in 1998 ‘Universal Nation’ by push took the world by storm, winning several dance awards, and undoubtedly being recognized as one of the classic records of the trance era. His Push follow up single, ‘Strange World’, destroyed hundreds of clubs across Europe , in the same vein as ‘Universal Nation’. This was followed by yet another blockbuster, ‘The Legacy’ once again topping all dance charts across Europe and entering the British National charts at #21. Over the years M.I.K.E. received several music awards including best club singles and best dance-producer, and enterd 6 times the national top 40 in the UK .
M.I.K.E. joined forces with Armada in 2004 for his Club Elite label. His singles “Turn Out The Light” and ‘Massive Motion’ have been released on Armada’s Armind label. From now on you will find the releases under M.I.K.E.’s own name on the Club Elite label. ‘Changes R Good’ has been the most recent M.I.K.E. release on Club Elite. On May 7th of 2007, almost 2 years after his massive mix album live in Antwerp , M.I.K.E. will release his second compilation album which includes the typical M.I.K.E. tech trance sound with an amazing electronic twist!
CD ONE – M.I.K.E. LONDON ’07
1. DEEP FLEXION – EMOTIONS OF THE NIGHT (VOCAL EDIT)
2. ROUZBEH DELAVARI – FRSM (WE ARE STILL DUMB)
3. JULIAN JEWEIL – AIR CONDITIONNE (ORIGINAL MIX)
4. UMEK – CARBON OCCASIONS
5. M.I.K.E. – CHANGES ‘R GOOD (MAIN-TRO MIX)
6. DEADMAU5 – 1981 (ADAM K REMIX)
7. BECKERS & NOX – NACKED PUNCH
8. DANIEL GREGORY – PARADISE (JEROME ISMA AE REMIX)
9. DD – SEX APPEAL 2007 (DANNY DARKO REMIX)
10. JPL – YOUR WHOLE LIFE (LJUGQVIST ALWAYS LIVES REMIX)
11. MARK KNIGHT – SUSAN
12. M.I.K.E. VS ANDREW BENNETT – INTO THE DANGER (M.I.K.E. REMIX)
CD TWO – M.I.K.E. LONDON ’07
1. ANTIDOTE – REMOTE CONTROL (FREEZE ME)
2. SIMON & SHAKER – PLAN 9
3. BUTCH – LIFE IS DEADLY (ORIGINAL MIX)
4. NATHAN FAKE – OUTHOUSE (VALENTINO KANZYANI REMIX)
5. WIPPENBERG – PROMISELAND (SPAERA REMIX)
6. MEDWAY AND SVEN HAUCK – AMONAMEN (MATT ROWAN & JAY TECH REMIX)
7. PULSER – THINGS YOU SAY (DAMIAN POWELL REMIX)
8. BOY HAGEMANN – WHISPERING (ANDRO DUB MIX)
9. OWEN CLARK – DEFINITIVE
10. ALBERT VORNE – ARES (MAC ZIMMS REMIX)
11. D-FACTOR – MYSTIQUE
12. ALI WILSON PRESENTS DIGITAL KILLAS – BLISS